- "Thanks to a significant grant from my company, Wayne Enterprises, Gotham is being restored to its former glory."
- —Bruce Wayne
Gotham City is a large metropolitan city located on the east coast of the United States of America.
It is infamous for having a vast criminal underworld, that mostly rules the streets and businesses. It is also famous, however, for having a masked and fearsome vigilante, known only as "Batman", who successfully rages a never-ending war on crime in the city including his raging a never-ending battle against the psychotic homicidal maniac crime lord known as "The Joker". Geographically, Gotham is located right across a bay from the city of Metropolis.
Gotham was established as a port by Norwegian mercenaries in 1635. It would become a major city in the subsequent years.
In 1981, eminent philanthropists Thomas and Martha Wayne lost their lives in a mugging-gone-wrong. The crime left their only son Bruce, who witnessed their murder, the last surviving member of the Wayne Family.
Legend of the BatmanEdit
In the mid-1990s, a vigilante known as "The Batman" waged a one-man war on crime. Armed with a prototype armor suit, numerous gadgets and a custom combat vehicle, he went on to take down both the Falcone Crime Family and the Maroni Crime Family as well as criminals ranging from the Joker to mercenary Floyd Lawton.
- Gotham City Police Department - the police force of Gotham, which has long suffered from corruption, which former Commissioner James Gordon sought to eradicate.
- The Batman - a hardened vigilante dedicated to protecting Gotham from its criminal underworld.
- Gotham City University - the higher education facility in Gotham.
- Ace Chemicals - a large chemical and pharmaceutical company based out of the city.
- Big Belly Burger - a chain of fast food restaurants that originated in Coast City.
- Gotham City Gas - a large Gas company that supplies the city with fuel.
- Iceberg Lounge - a trendy and stylish new club addition to the city's night scene.
- Wayne Enterprises - a large billion dollar company based in Gotham, with Bruce Wayne as its owner and CEO.
- Ace Chemicals Factory
- Amusement Mile
- Arkham Asylum
- Aragon Theatre
- Blackgate Penitentiary
- Buford Building
- Davenport Tower
- Ellesworth Building
- Gotham City Jail
- Gotham City Opera House
- Gotham City Stock Exchange
- Gotham City University Football Stadium
- International Museum of Financial History
- Robinson Park
- Tricorner Yards
- Von Gruenwald Tower
- Wayne Botanical Garden
- Wayne Manor
- Wayne Tower
- The base exterior shots of Gotham's skyline is Chicago, as it was in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy.
- Trump Tower and Chicago Board of Trade Building are visible.
|Media||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | The Batman|
|Characters||Bruce Wayne/The Batman | Alfred Pennyworth | Dick Grayson/Nightwing | Barbara Gordon/Batgirl | James Gordon | Lucius Fox | Thomas Wayne | Martha Wayne | Jason Todd/Robin | Clark Kent/Superman | Diana/Wonder Woman|
|Enemies||Joker | Harley Quinn | Killer Croc | Deadshot | Penguin | Lex Luthor | Deathstroke | Catwoman | Poison Ivy | Jonny Frost | Anatoli Knyazev | Joe Chill | Doctor Aesop | Firefly|
|Miscellaneous||Gotham City | Batcave | Arkham Asylum | Wayne Manor | Batmobile | Batsuits | Wayne Enterprises | Bat-Signal | Gotham City Police Department | Aragon Theatre | Batman film series | Ace Chemicals | Glasshouse | Batwing | Wayne Family | Blackgate Penitentiary | Batman Family|