Metropolis grew out of the colonial outpost Fort Hob, which was established by Swedish settlers in 1661. It eventually became a destination for immigrants, many of whom used their ingenuity to expand the fields of science and technology.
Eventually, Metropolis became one of the largest cities in the world.
Superman & Alien AttackEdit
After coming to Earth and initially attacking the small Kansas town of Smallville, the Alien General Zod and his forces moved his ship Black Zero to Metropolis where it hovered above before activating a gravity beam directly into the city. It began destroying the buildings and everything directly below it as it bean terraforming the planet whilst connected to the World Engine on the other side of the planet.United States of America Armed Forces were deployed to the city to deal with the extra terrestrial threat with a squadron Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II's deployed to take out the large ship damaging the ship. The alien ship's gravity beam interfered with their instruments, but thanks to the alien hero Kal-El dubbed "Superman", the beam was ultimately stopped after he personally destroyed the World Engine, after which a C-17, carrying Kal-El's Starcraft, was crashed into the ship, causing a temporary portal to the Phantom Zone, which instantly sucked in all of the aliens, their ships, and most of the rubble, leaving a massive open plain in the center of the city. Superman and General Zod then battled each other across the city, with Superman ending up reluctantly killing his defiant opponent.
Sometime later, a clean up operation began and Metropolis slowly began to return to some form of normality.
Law and EnforcementEdit
- Metropolis Police Department - the police force of Metropolis.
- Superman - a humanoid alien being from the planet Krypton who protects the city and the planet from criminals and disasters.
- Metropolis State University is the higher education facility in Metropolis.
- Ace o' Clubs is one of the city's most popular bars.
- Blaze Comics is a large publishing firm that produces comic books.
- LexCorp is an extensive billion-dollar company founded by Lex Luthor, that specializes in a vast array of different fields.
- Metropolis Taxi Company is a city-wide taxi firm that deals in carrying customers to their destinations across the city.
- Metropolis Metro Cab is another city wide taxi firm that deals in carrying customers to their destinations across the city.
- S.T.A.R. Labs has a base located in the city.
- Utopia Casino is one of the city's most prestigious casino's and gambling facility.
- Wayne Enterprises is a Gotham-based conglomerate with a branch located in Metropolis.
- WGBS - a television station based in Metropolis.
- WXTZ-TV - a news channel based in Metropolis that reports on the city's news as well as news from around the world.
- Metropolis News 8 - a news channel based in Metropolis that reports on the city's news as well as news from around the world.
- The Daily Planet - a newspaper that is considered one of the most respected newspapers in the world.
- Metropolis Generals are a basketball team based in Metropolis.
- Metropolis Mammoths are a ice hockey team based in Metropolis.
- Metropolis State University Football Team is the university football team.
- Ace of Clubs
- Daily Planet Building
- Hammersmith Tower
- Heroes Park
- LexCorp Headquarters
- LexCorp Tower
- Lois and Clark's Apartment
- Lois Lane's Apartment
- Metropolis Museum of Modern Art
- Metropolis Train Station
- S.T.A.R. Labs Metropolis
- Stryker's Island
- Wayne Enterprises R&D Facility
- Wayne Financial Building
- Metropolis scenes were filmed in Chicago, IL. Man of Steel Producer Christopher Nolan filmed the majority of his The Dark Knight Trilogy in Chicago.
- Exterior shots used were a CGI blend of Chicago and Vancouver.
- The fictional base of Metropolis is in the Chesapeake Bay region.
- Metropolis has the shape of Chicago.
- According to some websites, the amount of damage to Metropolis here is worth over $300 billion, significantly more than the damage to New York in The Avengers ($160 billion).
|Media||Man of Steel | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Untitled Superman film|
|Characters||Clark Kent/Superman | Lois Lane | Perry White | Jonathan Kent | Martha Kent | Jor-El | Lara Lor-Van | Emil Hamilton | Nathan Hardy | Steven Lombard | Jenny Jurwich | Lana Lang | General Swanwick | Peter Ross | Bibbo Bibbowski | Kara Zor-El | Bruce Wayne/Batman | Diana/Wonder Woman | Jimmy Olsen|
|Enemies||Lex Luthor | General Zod | Faora-Ul | Doomsday | Mercy Graves | Jax-Ur | Nam-Ek | Tor-An | Car-Vex | Dev-Em | Nadira|
|Miscellaneous||Metropolis | Daily Planet | Smallville | Krypton | Metropolis Police Department | Kryptonite | LexCorp | Super Suit | Kent Farm | Fortress of Solitude | Black Zero | Kryptonian | Command Key | Kal-El's Starcraft | Phantom Zone | Superman film series|