- "Billy Batson, I choose you as champion."
Shazam! is an upcoming American film based on the DC Comics character Shazam. It is the seventh installment in the DC Comics' Extended Universe. It will be written by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke and produced by Peter Safran, with Christopher Godsick, Jeffery Chernov, Dwayne Johnson, Hiram Garcia, and Dany Garcia, serving as executives. It will be produced by New Line Cinema and distributed by Warner Bros.
Development of the film has taken years to come to fruition since the early 2000s but a cohesive plan for the DC Extended Universe in 2014 accelerated plans with Johnson attached to star in the film.
It will be released on April 5, 2019.
We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam, courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still, a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Doctor Thaddeus Sivana. 
Organizations and titles
Behind the ScenesEdit
On April 28, 2014, The Wall Street Journal revealed an upcoming slate of Warner Bros. films based on DC Comics properties, including a Shazam film to be potentially released in 2016. Dwayne Johnson confirmed the project and his attachment on August 20, 2014, officially announcing his casting as Black Adam on September 3, 2014. Shazam, still a New Line Cinema production being released through Warner Bros., is being executive produced by Toby Emmerich and screenwriter Darren Lemke of Jack the Giant Slayer and Turbo, has been hired to write the script. Emmerich told Entertainment Weekly in an interview that the film will have a tone unto itself separate from the concurrent Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice film: with a sense of fun and humor, but with real stakes and an anti-hero version of Black Adam. On October 15, 2014, Warner Bros. announced Shazam for a 2019 release as the eighth installment of the DC Comics Extended Universe. Henry Gayden was announced as the screenwriter for Shazam on January 19, 2017.  On February 17, 2017, David S Sandberg was announced to be in talks with New Line to direct Shazam.  Production on the project is said to begin in January or February of 2018, with Sandberg confirmed as the director and Peter Safran negotiating to co-produce the film.  Geoff Johns confirmed that Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam will not be appearing in Shazam but will be in his own solo film instead. Safran and Jeffery Chernov will co-produce the film with David Witz executive producing.  Cinematographer Maxime Alexandre, who worked with Sandberg for Lights Out and Annabelle Creation will work on the film as well as Production Designer Jennifer Spence.  On October 27, 2017, The Wrap and The Hollywood Reporter reported that Zachary Levi was cast as Billy Batson/ Shazam vessel    On November 2, 2017, The Wrap and The Hollywood Reporter reported that Mark Strong is in talks to play Doctor Thaddeus Sivana, who is Shazam's other archenemy,   Variety also reported Grace Fulton is in talks for a role as one of Billy’s friends.  On November 6, 2017, Asher Angel was announced to be playing Billy Batson.   On December 6, 2017, Jack Dylan Grazer was announced to be cast as Freddy Freeman, Billy's best friend.  On December 12, 2017, Ian Chen and Jovan Armand were announced to have joined the cast of Shazam as Eugene and Pedro. On December 19, 2017, Cooper Andrews was announced to portray Billy Batson's foster parent.  On January 22, 2018, Marta Milans was announced to have joined the cast as one of Billy's foster parents. At the end of January, Lotta Losten revealed on her Twitter account that she had an undisclosed role in the film. On April 23, 2018 Variety reported that Ross Butler had joined the film.  Due to scheduling conflicts, Ron Cephas Jones was unable to join Shazam! as previously believed and reported, instead, Dijmon Hounsou was cast as the Wizard Shazam. 
Pre-production officially began in August of 2017. Filming will begin in Toronto under the working title Franklin and will film from January to May 11, 2018.  On January 29, 2018, filming officially went underway in Toronto. On May 5, 2018, the supporting cast members such as Grace Fulton, Jack Dylan Grazer, Ian Chen, Jovan Armond, and Faithe Herman have all announced they have wrapped filming. On May 7, 2018, Asher Angel announced he wrapped filming his scenes. On May 11, 2018, Sandberg took to twitter to announce that Shazam! had officially wrapped.
- Sandberg revealed an easter egg in Shazam! is that a character from his feature film debut, Lights Out will be in the film.
- ↑ https://screenrant.com/shazam-synopsis-dwayne-johnson-produce/
- ↑ http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/justice-league-fables-100-bullets-fables-shazam-films-revealed/
- ↑ http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/04/27/warner-bros-details-plans-for-justice-league-movie-exclusive/?KEYWORDS=Warner+Bros
- ↑ http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2014/film/news/dwayne-johnson-shazam-1201286278/
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/09/03/the-rock-dwayne-johnson-confirmed-for-shazam-movie/
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Here-Why-Shazam-More-Fun-Than-Other-DC-Films-67044.html
- ↑ http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/03/shazam-movie-rock-fun/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-announces-10-dc-741008
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dcs-shazam-movie-eyeing-annabelle-2-director-977270
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/shazam-is-next-dc-movie-shoot-1022821
- ↑ https://www.iatse873.com/current_productions
- ↑ https://twitter.com/maxalexand?lang=en
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shazam-star-zachary-levi-as-dc-hero-1049616
- ↑ http://variety.com/2017/film/news/shazam-zachary-levi-dc-1202601422/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/10/zachary-levi-dc-shazam-new-line-1202196486/
- ↑ https://www.thewrap.com/mark-strong-doctor-sivana-shazam/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shazam-mark-strong-talks-villain-role-1054332
- ↑ http://variety.com/2017/film/news/grace-fulton-shazam-annabelle-creation-1202605521/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2017/film/news/asher-angel-billy-batson-new-lines-shazam-1202606952/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shazam-asher-angel-star-as-billy-batson-dc-movie-1055189
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/12/it-jack-dylan-grazer-shazam-dc-movie-1202221613/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/12/ian-chen-jovan-armand-shazam-brian-astro-bradley-jr-luce-1202225185/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/12/the-walking-deads-cooper-andrews-shazam-new-line-1202229944/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/lottalosten/status/958799702094438406
- ↑ http://variety.com/2018/film/news/riverdale-and-13-reasons-why-ross-butler-shazam-1202783587/
- ↑ http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/10/djimon-hounsou-shazam-wizard/
- ↑ http://www.whatsfilming.ca/inproduction-toronto-ontario/?referer=wrapped-toronto-ontario
|Media||Shazam! | Black Adam|
|Characters||Billy Batson/Shazam | Shazam | Mary Marvel | Freddy Freeman | Eugene Choi | Pedro Peña | Darla Dudley | Victor Vasquez | Rosa Vasquez|
|Enemies||Black Adam | Dr. Sivana|
|Miscellaneous||Kahndaq | Magic|