Shazam is an upcoming American film based on the DC Comics character Shazam. It is the seventh installment in the DC Comics' Extended Universe. It will be written by Henry Gayden and produced by Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, Dwayne Johnson, Hiram Garcia and Toby Emmerich. It will be produced by New Line Cinema and distributed by Warner Bros.
Development of the film has taken years to come to fruitation since the early 2000s but a cohesive plan for the DC Extended Universe in 2014 accelerated plans with Johnson attached to star in the film.
It will be released April 5, 2019.
Organizations and titles
Behind the ScenesEdit
On April 28, 2014, The Wall Street Journal revealed an upcoming slate of Warner Bros. films based on DC Comics properties, including a Shazam film to be potentially released in 2016. Dwayne Johnson confirmed the project and his attachment on August 20, 2014, officially announcing his casting as Black Adam on September 3, 2014. Shazam, still a New Line Cinema production being released through Warner Bros., is being executive produced by Toby Emmerich and screenwriter Darren Lemke of Jack the Giant Slayer and Turbo, has been hired to write the script. Emmerich told Entertainment Weekly in an interview that the film will have a tone unto itself separate from the concurrent Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice film: with a sense of fun and humor, but with real stakes and an anti-hero version of Black Adam. On October 15, 2014, Warner Bros. announced Shazam for a 2019 release as the eighth installment of the DC Comics Extended Universe. Henry Gayden was announced as the screenwriter for Shazam on January 19, 2017.  On February 17, 2017, David S Sandberg was announced to be in talks with New Line to direct Shazam.  Production on the project is said to begin in January or February of 2018, with Sandberg confirmed as the director and Peter Safran in negotiations to co-produce the film.  Geoff Johns confirmed that Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam will not be appearing in Shazam but will be in his own solo film instead.
Filming will begin in Toronto under the codename Franklin and will film from February to May of 2018. 
- ↑ http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/justice-league-fables-100-bullets-fables-shazam-films-revealed/
- ↑ http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/04/27/warner-bros-details-plans-for-justice-league-movie-exclusive/?KEYWORDS=Warner+Bros
- ↑ http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2014/film/news/dwayne-johnson-shazam-1201286278/
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2014/09/03/the-rock-dwayne-johnson-confirmed-for-shazam-movie/
- ↑ http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Here-Why-Shazam-More-Fun-Than-Other-DC-Films-67044.html
- ↑ http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/03/shazam-movie-rock-fun/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-announces-10-dc-741008
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dcs-shazam-movie-eyeing-annabelle-2-director-977270
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/shazam-is-next-dc-movie-shoot-1022821
- ↑ http://www.whatsfilming.ca/upcoming-toronto-ontario/
|Characters||Billy Batson/Shazam | Shazam|
|Miscellaneous||Kahndaq | Magic|