Super Speed is the ability to run, move and react at superhuman velocities often near to and even beyond the speed of sound (340 m/s). Even those with minimum super speed are capable of exceeding the estimated maximum human running speed; 44.72 km/h, or 27.79 mph. The fastest of those with super speed are easily faster than speeding bullets. Similar to its physical counterpart, super strength, super speed is often regarded as godlike or demigodly by those who behold it.
Characters with Super SpeedEdit
- Flash - Due to his connection to the Speed Force, Flash is the fastest known being in the universe (slightly faster than even a fully-realized Kryptonian), being capable of seemingly limitless speed, though it is unknown if he is capable of exceeding the speed of light.
- Superman - One of the fastest known beings in the universe, only slightly slower than the Flash, easily breaking the sound barrier. Superman can fly at stupendous supersonic speeds, enough to travel from the Arctic to Kenya in a few seconds, to travel from one side of planet Earth to the other in a small fraction of a minute (making his speed at least Mach 980), fly thousands of miles from Earth's surface to an orbiting satellite in mere seconds while fighting Zod, and was even able to fly fast enough to escape the tremendous gravitational pull of a miniature Phantom energy singularity.
- General Zod - One of the fastest known beings in the universe, only slightly slower than the Flash. While fighting Superman, Zod flew at stupendous supersonic speeds (of at least Mach 980), enough to fly thousands of miles from Earth's surface to an orbiting satellite in mere seconds.
- Faora-Ul - One of the fastest known beings in the universe, only slightly slower than the Flash.
- Nam-Ek - One of the fastest known beings in the universe (despite his huge hulking physique), though he is still noticeably slower than less bulky fellow Kryptonians (like Superman and Zod), or the Flash.
- Shazam - with one of his powers being the Speed of Mercury, Shazam is one of the fastest known beings in the universe, though not quite as fast as the Flash.
- Black Adam - with one of his powers being the Swiftness of Heru, Black Adam is one of the fastest known beings in the universe, though not quite as fast as the Flash.
- Wonder Woman - While not quite as fast as Flash or Superman, Diana has considerable super speed, and uses her reflexes to deflect bullets using her bulletproof bracelets.
- Aquaman - Aquaman is fast enough to swim at supersonic speeds and break the sound barrier while underwater, making him much faster than any human, fish, or marine mammal,