- "Criminals deserve no mercy. "
Tatsu Yamashiro, better known as Katana, is a Japanese master assassin and the only voluntary member of Task Force X.
Not much is known about Katana. The Japanese script on her sash translates to "I weep when I think of him," a reference to her deceased husband Maseo Yamashiro, to whom she also talks to through her sword, Soultaker.
A Japanese woman with shoulder-length black hair and dark eyes, Tatsu wears a mask with the Hinomaru symbol on her forehead. She also wears a white band with the same symbol on her right arm and has a katana at all times.
Master Combatant: Tatsu is an extremely skilled and lethally formidable swordswoman (normally wielding a Japanese katana, hence her code-name), martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant, having been trained to the highest level.
Peak-Human Attributes: Through specialized diets and extensive training, she has the strength, speed, stamina, metabolism, senses, reflexes, agility, and durability of any human woman who are at their physical and mental peaks.
Master Swordswoman: Katana is particularly of note for her ability with her Katana, described as being able to cut down hundreds of opponents with relative ease.
- Suicide Squad (First appearance)
- Suicide Squad: Behind the Scenes with the Worst Heroes Ever
- Suicide Squad (Novel)
- This is Katana's first live action movie appearance.
- Katana's absolute first live-action appearance, however, was in Arrow's third season, portrayed by actress Rila Fukushima.
- Katana is the only voluntary member of the Suicide Squad.