FANDOM


  • so now, everybody knows that Ben Affleck is Batman (if you dont then get a life... just kidding, but seriously, it was, like, everywhere), but we still don't have a Joker. I think that the only person that can play Joker aside from Heath Ledger (R.I.P.) is Michael Emerson. you may be thinking "i knew Milomilk was an idiot", but if you have seen Lost then you know he is an awesome villain. Mike has even played the Joker before in the direct to DVD movie, The Dark Knight Returns. to show you how great the fight scene was i will add a link. do you agree with me, or think someone else should do it

      Loading editor
    • James Franco would be somebody I would put in for a screentest. Sharlto Copley, Topher Grace, Michael Sheen as well.

        Loading editor
    • Fassbender also

        Loading editor
    • Definitely Michael Sheen. He's my choice.

        Loading editor
    • Can't wait for more information on the characters in BvS. I believe that Joker may appear alongside Lex as the main villains. Lex losing control of Joker who goes wild.

        Loading editor
    • Would be cool to see, although as it is a sequel to Man of Steel I don't think too much attention should be drawn away from Superman. That said I'd love to see a Batman villain.

        Loading editor
    • Can see it being 50/50 film

        Loading editor
    • I was interested in Crispin Glover being The Joker, but after watching an interview from 2007 in which he was asked about the rumors that "He's being considered for The Joker for The Dark Knight.", he seemed under interested with The Joker when he talked about it. But after seeing Micheal Emerson in Lost, and though haven't watched it yet, but heard him as The Joker in the trailers, and especially knowing that he has an interest in him, i very much would like to watch Emerson portray The Joker.

      Though it could be unlikely that The Joker will appear in Superman Vs Batman (Or whatever), WB/DC knows better than to pass up putting THE JOKER in the Detective Comics Cinematic Universe.

      Post Send; Generally are my comments too long for you all to care to read? Let me know nicely and I'll shorten them the best way i could.

        Loading editor
    • Why don't you make an account Wikia contributor? Be much easier then we can refer to you by name then?

        Loading editor
    • i agree, you should make an acount, but on the Joker situation, i still think Micheal is the best choise for the character.

        Loading editor
    • I love the menacing smile and laugh that Willem Dafoe had when he was the Green Goblin in Spider-Man, he would suit. Having an older actor play The Joker would also suit with Batman being shown as older and wiser too.

        Loading editor
    • I have always seen Defoe as a perfect Joker. Joker needs to be an absolute nutter who just loves mayhem. Leaves everybody he kills personally with a glasgow smile to suit his. No "Joker venom" thats just too out there for me.

        Loading editor
    • I think Joseph Gilgun should be the Joker.

        Loading editor
    • I was thinking either Jackie Earle Hayley, Tim Curry, Bill Mosely, and Skeet Ulrich. 

        Loading editor
    • To be honest I think the coolest thing would be to NOT do the Joker again for like the millionth time and share the love around. DC should use this opportunity of Batman teaming up with heroes with superpowers to use the more fanciful and unrealistic villains like Clayface, Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze or Man-Bat.

        Loading editor
    • I think Clayface would be great, but maybe for a Batman film. I would like to see other Batman villains in it as well, I would like to see Poison Ivy with Catwoman as well. I really want to see a Catwoman like she is in the comics, or like in Arkham City. I didn't really care for Anne Hathaway's portrayal, though she did do a good job. 

        Loading editor
    • I believe they shouldn't use Joker just yet. They have already stated that the film is very loosely based on the dark knight returns, that implies that the only thing the movie will entirely have in common with the comic is that Batman and Superman are fighting.

      I do think they should use a Batman villain we haven't seen very memorably before on film. I wouldn't suggest a lesser known Batman villain though, seeing as how they want as much box office money as they can. Riddler would be good, though i don't see him as causing too big of a conflict, in retrospect seeing as how our first conflict is a superpowered man with almost every super ability. Though there aren't many batman villains that fit the bill besides Joker.

      This brings up the possibility of seeing another Superman villain. of course, what comes to mind first is Lex Luthor, and it's extremely probable. Lex convinces Metropolis that Superman is evil, and perhaps Superman now has to turn against his city like they hinted towards in MoS, bringing it to Batman's attention, and voilà we have a plot. Though if this is not the case, and they plan on saving Lex for later, there are still many possibilities.

      An opponent like Doomsday is probably best to be used in a second Man of Steel movie, as well as any other monstrous planetary threat, the option of using someone like Brainiac or Bizzaro is more likely if not Lex.

      But to re-cap, no, i do not think Joker should be used so soon, if they do, then i really hope they manage to pull it off. There aren't many Batman villains that could replace him, so it is most likely best to turn to Lex Luthor.

        Loading editor
    • I think It would be cool if they gradually introduced Lex Luthor by hinting at him and briefly showing him in a few films as a behind the scenes mastermind, before introducing him as the main villain of a film, like they did with Ernst Stavro Blofield, James Bond's arch-nemesis.

      As far as Batman villains go, probably The Riddler or The Scarecrow due to them being the only Batman villains in the original Legion of Doom. I still think though, that the more fanciful and unrealistic Batman rogues are the way to go for the DCCU, especially considering that TDK trilogy used most of the human villains in an attempt to be as realistic as possible.

        Loading editor
    • yeah, i think these movies can be used as an escape to put the more unrealistic villains on screen.

        Loading editor
    • As long as we are talking non Joker villains, I think Martin Sheen would make a great Riddler, he'd deffinatly be a step up from Jim Carry. Another villain could be Black Mask. But if they are thinking of connecting a stand alone Batman movie to the Justice League, I think Dr. Hurt would do, as he is connected to Darksied and the Wayne family.

        Loading editor
    • Martin Sheen has got to be twice Ben Affleck's age, plus he's doing Marvel films playing Uncle Ben in The Amazing Spider-Man movies. Personally I wouldn't pick him as The Riddler. I reckon James Spader would be a cool Riddler. I also remember rumours that Johnny Depp would play him in TDKR, had mixed feelings. There is also this English actor, Timothy Spall, who I think was just born to play The Penguin.

        Loading editor
    • Michael Sheen is about 40 odd and English. Not Martin who plays Uncle Ben

        Loading editor
    • i think Tom Hiddleston, who plays LOKI!, should be the new Joker, cause he's got that psycho personality that we want for Joker

        Loading editor
    • That won't happen unfortunately due to contracts and such. There's been rumors around Adrian Brody (who was 2nd choice to Ledger in TDK). People reckon Callan Mulvey might be playing him too despite WB saying he won't be playing a character from the comics. I have to say he does look the part in a lot of ways.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, "Adrien Brody as Joker" came about after he simply expressed interest. [1]. And learning that Callan Mulvey's who was asked about the Joker rumors after i posted that he has the Joker look on this site feels ironic.

        Loading editor
    • 120.29.247.250 wrote:
      i think Tom Hiddleston, who plays LOKI!, should be the new Joker, cause he's got that psycho personality that we want for Joker

      I find it hard to compare Loki to the Joker, they both seem like very different characters, plus, Hiddleston doesn't look that much like The Joker as people for some reason believe. And as Kiwichis stated, he will likely not be able to appear in a DC movie until his contract with Marvel Studios ends.

      My choice for the Joker would be Sharlto Copley, he has that Joker type look, age, and acting ability/range that fits The Joker.

        Loading editor
    • As I said earlier I'd love Willem Dafoe as his smile is perfect. I've also always been of the opinion that Loki is Marvel's equivalent to The Riddler, not The Joker. Unfortunately Marvel also have Michael Fassbender under contract, otherwise he would have been an awesome Joker.

        Loading editor
    • Kiwichris wrote:
      As I said earlier I'd love Willem Dafoe as his smile is perfect. I've also always been of the opinion that Loki is Marvel's equivalent to The Riddler, not The Joker. Unfortunately Marvel also have Michael Fassbender under contract, otherwise he would have been an awesome Joker.


      Willem Dafoe has already been in a superhero movie (Spider-Man), and was already in a Joker type role. It's not that I don't like the idea of people playing two superheroes, I realize it has been done before, but Willem has already played a Joker like character in Spider-Man, and he is well known for his role as the Green Goblin. Not only that, but I believe his age isn't right for The Joker.

      Also, Michael Fassbender does not have a contract with Marvel Studios, he has one with 20th Century Fox. And to my knowledge, the Fox contracts aren't as strict as Marvel's, so Fassbender might be able to play a different superhero role, but I am not sure, this is just speculation.

        Loading editor
    • I heard a guy named Callan Mulvey who played on Captain America: the winter soldier as Jack Rollins will play the joker.

        Loading editor
    • That rumour has been floating around a while now. He has been cast in the film, but his character has not yet been revealed.

        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote:
      Kiwichris wrote:
      As I said earlier I'd love Willem Dafoe as his smile is perfect. I've also always been of the opinion that Loki is Marvel's equivalent to The Riddler, not The Joker. Unfortunately Marvel also have Michael Fassbender under contract, otherwise he would have been an awesome Joker.

      Willem Dafoe has already been in a superhero movie (Spider-Man), and was already in a Joker type role. It's not that I don't like the idea of people playing two superheroes, I realize it has been done before, but Willem has already played a Joker like character in Spider-Man, and he is well known for his role as the Green Goblin. Not only that, but I believe his age isn't right for The Joker.

      Also, Michael Fassbender does not have a contract with Marvel Studios, he has one with 20th Century Fox. And to my knowledge, the Fox contracts aren't as strict as Marvel's, so Fassbender might be able to play a different superhero role, but I am not sure, this is just speculation.


      Adding onto my comment, it is unknown whether a Marvel studio contract restricts you from playing a different comic book role.

        Loading editor
    • Keep in mind that nobody thought Heath Ledger would be a good Joker (even HE didn't) and yet he ended up being one of the best Jokers of all time! Except for Mark Hamill, no other actor or voice actor has so accurately portrayed Joker's manaical, sadistic, unpredictably psychotic, scary-as-f*ck-but-sometimes-genuinely-funny self!

        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote:
      Adding onto my comment, it is unknown whether a Marvel studio contract restricts you from playing a different comic book role.

      Indeed, Halle Berry was still contracted to play Storm when she was in that awful Catwoman movie for example.

        Loading editor
    • Mark Hamill would be my choice, but that's unlikely to happen since he retired from the Joker a while back. So my second choice is Michael Emerson, after seeing him as Ben Linus in Lost. 

        Loading editor
    • TheLorax wrote:
      Mark Hamill would be my choice, but that's unlikely to happen since he retired from the Joker a while back. So my second choice is Michael Emerson, after seeing him as Ben Linus in Lost. 

      Makes sense. I mean, didn't he voice Joker in TDKR?

        Loading editor
    • I'm sorry, but are you talking about Mark Hamill or Michael Emerson?

        Loading editor
    • TheLorax wrote:
      I'm sorry, but are you talking about Mark Hamill or Michael Emerson?

      Emerson. "B-b-b...Batman. Darrrrrliiing."

        Loading editor
    • Yes, you're right. That was him. 

        Loading editor
    • while we're on the subject of casting batman villans, i think Eva Green would be an amazing Talia al Goul. i loved her in the second 300 and she has that earie, sexy but dangerous persona with an intelligence that could match batman

        Loading editor
    • 66.27.75.171 wrote:
      while we're on the subject of casting batman villans, i think Eva Green would be an amazing Talia al Goul. i loved her in the second 300 and she has that earie, sexy but dangerous persona with an intelligence that could match batman


      Too young.

        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote:

      66.27.75.171 wrote:
      while we're on the subject of casting batman villans, i think Eva Green would be an amazing Talia al Goul. i loved her in the second 300 and she has that earie, sexy but dangerous persona with an intelligence that could match batman


      Too young.

      How exactly? She's only 8 years younger than Affleck... Plus age really doesn't matter that much...

        Loading editor
    • Bradley Cooper as the Joker? ..

        Loading editor
    • CommanderConnor wrote:
      Bradley Cooper as the Joker? ..

      That depends: can he still be funny if he's not a talking raccoon?

        Loading editor
    • SpiVenger wrote:
      CommanderConnor wrote:
      Bradley Cooper as the Joker? ..
      That depends: can he still be funny if he's not a talking raccoon?


      It's called acting for a reason.

      Also, Oded Fehr as Ra's Al Ghul.

        Loading editor
    • Now there are people talking about Benedict Cumberbatch playing a DC character, which he isn't saying yes or no to. If it's true, I think he would be awesome as Sinestro.

        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote:
      SpiVenger wrote:
      CommanderConnor wrote:
      Bradley Cooper as the Joker? ..
      That depends: can he still be funny if he's not a talking raccoon?

      It's called acting for a reason.

      Also, Oded Fehr as Ra's Al Ghul.

      Just wanted to be sure.

        Loading editor
    • Kiwichris wrote:
      Now there are people talking about Benedict Cumberbatch playing a DC character, which he isn't saying yes or no to. If it's true, I think he would be awesome as Sinestro.


      I imagine he would be a good Braniac. Sinestro's actor should be a little bit older, personally, my choice for Sinestro is Jason Isaacs.

        Loading editor
    • Dwayne Johnson has been confirmed to be playing Black Adam. That being said, I hope they get Joe Manganiello for Shazam, he has the look & build, and connections to WB.

        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote: That being said, I hope they get Joe Manganiello for Shazam, he has the look & build, and connections to WB.

      He would be a great choice. He was apparently considered for Batman, and showed interest in being a comic book character.

        Loading editor
    • Since this is already substituting as a casting thread, who do you guys think should play Shazam? My personal choices are:

      • Joe Manganiello
      • Channing Tatum
      • Jon Hamm
      • Matt Bomer
      • Patrick Warburton
      • Billy Crudup
        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote:
      Since this is already substituting as a casting thread, who do you guys think should play Shazam? My personal choices are:
      • Joe Manganiello
      • Channing Tatum
      • Jon Hamm
      • Matt Bomer
      • Patrick Warburton
      • Billy Crudup

      Well I know I wouldn't be able to take Patrick Warburton as Captain Marvel seriously. (I don't give a damn what DC is calling him now, he'll always be Captain Marvel to me) I think we've all come to associate his voice with comedy like the Tick or Joe Swanson.

        Loading editor
    • Lately I've been thinking Sharlto Copley would be a good choice. We've seen him do 'crazy', we've seen him do 'evil', and he just looks so "Joker"

        Loading editor
    • SpiVenger wrote:
      Lately I've been thinking Sharlto Copley would be a good choice. We've seen him do 'crazy', we've seen him do 'evil', and he just looks so "Joker"

      I've been saying Sharlto would be the best possible choice for Joker for months

        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote:
      SpiVenger wrote:
      Lately I've been thinking Sharlto Copley would be a good choice. We've seen him do 'crazy', we've seen him do 'evil', and he just looks so "Joker"
      I've been saying Sharlto would be the best possible choice for Joker for months

      I'm sorry that I didn't notice XD

        Loading editor
    • I think that if Joker appears, he should be saved for the Batman sequel. Here's my choice for the first film: Penguin - Because he's awesome. Killer Croc - because he's awesome. It'll also remind us that we're watching a dccu film, not anything else. Deadshot - he would be good as a villain that was hired by Penguin. He probably won't appear though, due to the suicide squad movie.

        Loading editor
    • For Batfleck's first solo film, I'd like none other than Professor Hugo Strange. He was Batman's original arch-nemesis before Joker became such a major villain, and Nolan didn't use him so it's a fresh idea.

        Loading editor
    • That's actually a really good idea.

        Loading editor
    • JOAwesome wrote:
      That's actually a really good idea.

      Thank you

        Loading editor
    • No problem. I totally forgot about Hugo Strange. He's actually really awesome. I still want someone like Croc or Clayface. Because it will remind us that were in a universe full of superheroes, not the very realistic (but still awesome) Nolanverse.

        Loading editor
    • True. There's plenty of oppertunities to show Batman fighting other villains. Like an openning scene, or being trapped in Arkham.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah. I was thinking about a good idea. The opening scene shows Batman taking down a group of thugs being lead by, well, an extremely weak thug. Later on, the thug is taken to Arkham Asylum, where he meets the new Doctor, Hugo Strange. Hugo Strange injects Bane with a new chemical called Venom. Yes, I Know that's not how Bane was created, but this is a cinematic universe, not the actual comics.

        Loading editor
    • JOAwesome wrote:
      Yeah. I was thinking about a good idea. The opening scene shows Batman taking down a group of thugs being lead by, well, an extremely weak thug. Later on, the thug is taken to Arkham Asylum, where he meets the new Doctor, Hugo Strange. Hugo Strange injects Bane with a new chemical called Venom. Yes, I Know that's not how Bane was created, but this is a cinematic universe, not the actual comics.

      Funny you should mention that, in Bane's origin story when he first appeared, one of the scientists who tested the venom on him looked a lot like Strange. This has never been made out to be anything but a coincidence, even though it's definitely Strange's M.O.

        Loading editor
    • My friends and I were talking, and one of them suggested that Bradley Cooper could play Joker. Honestly, he does look the part.

        Loading editor
    • JOAwesome wrote:
      My friends and I were talking, and one of them suggested that Bradley Cooper could play Joker. Honestly, he does look the part.

      I thought about Cooper as Joker a few times, I think he would be able to pull it off.

        Loading editor
    • What about Matthew McConaughey as The Joker?

        Loading editor
    • Good Idea. He does look the part.

        Loading editor
    • I know this has nothing to do with Joker, but am I the only one who thinks Johnny Depp could do a great Riddler?

        Loading editor
    • Update: Apparently, Johnny Depp wanted to play Riddler in Dark Knight Rises, before they replaced Riddler with Bane. On a totally unrelated note: Johnny Depp also wanted to play Batman in Batman Forever.

        Loading editor
    • I just hope we don't get another Jim Carrey Riddler. I'm hoping for someone more like the Robert Englund version: calm, always talks in riddles, and can actually back up his "I'm so freaking smart" taunting.

        Loading editor
    • CommanderConnor wrote:
      Fassbender also

      Michael Fassbender is my chocie, and Robin Williams (R.I.P) was always my fancast for Riddler.... 

      My second Riddler chocie was David Tennant.

        Loading editor
    • Tdt2003 wrote:
      CommanderConnor wrote:
      Fassbender also
      Michael Fassbender is my chocie, and Robin Williams (R.I.P) was always my fancast for Riddler.... 

      My second Riddler chocie was David Tennant.

      My first choice for The Riddler is, and always will be Matthew Gray Gubler. I'm happy they picked him to voice him in Assault on Arkham.

      Second choice is Aaron Paul.

        Loading editor
    • My first choice for Riddler is Johnny Depp. The Second is David Tennant.

        Loading editor
    • JOAwesome wrote:
      My first choice for Riddler is Johnny Depp.

      The Second is David Tennant.

      Well I know my little sister would vote Tennant, since she's a hardcore Dr. Who fan.

        Loading editor
    • There's a huge rumor about Jared Leto as Joker. Not in Batman Vs Superman, but actually in Suicide Squad, which makes sense considering that Harley Quinn could be one of the main characters.

        Loading editor
    • JOAwesome wrote:
      There's a huge rumor about Jared Leto as Joker. Not in Batman Vs Superman, but actually in Suicide Squad, which makes sense considering that Harley Quinn could be one of the main characters.

      He would be perfect as a Morrison inspired Joker.

        Loading editor
    • Like I keep saying, if I see Joker fight the Squad I want it to be him tearing their base a new one, going all "one-man army" mode on them, then begging Harley to come back to him

        Loading editor
    • SpiVenger wrote:
      then begging Harley to come back to him

      It would most likely be the other way around.

        Loading editor
    • at first I was hoping this wasn't true, but I'm sure Leto could be great as Joker. I hope they don't kill off Joker in the movie (ha ha they would never do that!... right?). Joker could be Marvel's Loki, but better.

        Loading editor
    • DylanTBest123 wrote:
      SpiVenger wrote:
      then begging Harley to come back to him
      It would most likely be the other way around.

      More likely? Yes. Impossible? No. There have been a few moments over the years suggesting Joker really does care about her. Mark Hamill implied that Joker's just forgotten how to express his non-sociopathic emotions.

        Loading editor
    • It looks like Jared Leto is our new Joker. If that turns out to be true (and the chance is high), I would be okay. He seems like a Joker-ish kind of fellow.

        Loading editor
    • Since we may have a Joker. Micheal Sheen would play a perfect Riddler, see Tron: Legacy.

        Loading editor
    • Harley Quinn will definitely be on the team and Joker will be in Arkham Asylum. Suicide Squad have to go to Arkham maybe?

        Loading editor
    • Gray Mask wrote:
      Since we may have a Joker. Micheal Sheen would play a perfect Riddler, see Tron: Legacy.

      Eh, I prefer a calmer, more calculating Riddler to the Jim Carrey-esque version.

        Loading editor
    • CommanderConnor wrote: Harley Quinn will definitely be on the team and Joker will be in Arkham Asylum. Suicide Squad have to go to Arkham maybe?

      I'm pretty sure the Squad went there in a movie already, though the movie was animated. I can't help but feel like Suicide Squad will somehow take place at Ace Chemicals (the place where joker was created).

        Loading editor
    • JOAwesome wrote:

      CommanderConnor wrote: Harley Quinn will definitely be on the team and Joker will be in Arkham Asylum. Suicide Squad have to go to Arkham maybe?

      I'm pretty sure the Squad went there in a movie already, though the movie was animated. I can't help but feel like Suicide Squad will somehow take place at Ace Chemicals (the place where joker was created).

      I hope that if we get Joker, he'll be able to fight with characters like Superman. I always liked Injustice's Joker, because he was such a major threat in that game.

        Loading editor
    • TheLorax wrote:
      (and the chance is high),

      No they aren't.

        Loading editor
    • JOAwesome wrote:

      JOAwesome wrote:

      CommanderConnor wrote: Harley Quinn will definitely be on the team and Joker will be in Arkham Asylum. Suicide Squad have to go to Arkham maybe?

      I'm pretty sure the Squad went there in a movie already, though the movie was animated. I can't help but feel like Suicide Squad will somehow take place at Ace Chemicals (the place where joker was created).
      I hope that if we get Joker, he'll be able to fight with characters like Superman. I always liked Injustice's Joker, because he was such a major threat in that game.

      Yeah, it's always cool when Joker is a badass!

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.