The currently untitled Justice League film is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics team Justice League. It is the ninth installment in the DC Comics' Extended Universe. The film will be directed by Zack Snyder, and produced by Deborah Snyder and Geoff Johns. It will be produced by RatPac Entertainment and distributed by Warner Bros.
Development began in 2014 whilst Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was in pre-production as the larger plans for the cinematic universe were being drawn up.
Justice League, its predecessor, will be released on November 17, 2017.
Organizations and titles
Behind the ScenesEdit
Shortly after filming had finished for Man of Steel, Warner Bros. hired Will Beall to script a new Justice League film. Warner Bros. president Jeff Robinov explained that Man of Steel would be "setting the tone for what the movies are going to be like going forward. In that, it's definitely a first step." The film included references to the existence of other superheroes in the DC Universe, and setting the tone for a shared fictional universe of DC Comics characters on film. Goyer stated should Green Lantern appear in a future installment, that it would be a rebooted version of the character and not connected to the 2011 film. With the release of Man of Steel in June 2013, Goyer was hired to write a sequel, as well as a new Justice League, with the Beall draft being scrapped due to unsatisfactory reception from the studio. The sequel was later revealed to be Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, a team up film featuring Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman and Ray Fisher as Victor Stone/Cyborg in a minor role that will become more significant in leading up to the proposed Justice League film. The universe is separate from Nolan and Goyer's work on The Dark Knight trilogy, although Nolan is still involved as an executive producer for Batman v Superman. In April 2014 it was announced that Zack Snyder would also be directing Goyer's Justice League script. Warner Bros. was reportedly courting Chris Terrio to rewrite Justice League the following July, after having been impressed with his rewrite of Batman v Superman. In October 2014, Warner Bros. announced the film would be released in two parts as the fifth and ninth installments of the DC Comics Extended Universe, with Part One releasing in 2017, and Part Two in 2019. Snyder will direct both films. The Hollywood Reporter reported that Justice League 2 will be pushed back for The Batman, and also for Zack Snyder to work on his long waited passion project "The Last Photograph".
- ↑ http://variety.com/2012/film/news/beall-writing-justice-league-for-warner-bros-1118055082/
- ↑ http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/04/11/man-of-steel-dc-comics-superhero-movies/
- ↑ http://batman-news.com/2013/04/23/man-of-steel-director-zack-snyder-promises-references-to-dc-universe/
- ↑ http://screenrant.com/superman-man-of-steel-shared-universe/
- ↑ http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/13/david-goyer-tells-me-how-man-of-steels-story-causes-the-justice-league-movie/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-sequel-underway-with-zack-snyder-and-david-s-goyer-517621/
- ↑ http://www.heyuguys.com/david-goyer-justice-league-movie/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2014/film/news/zack-snyder-to-direct-justice-league-movie-1201165409/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2014/07/comic-con-batman-v-superman-chris-terrio-justice-league-809843/
- ↑ http://www.slashfilm.com/dc-movie-slate-revealed/