- "I live underground. Y'all are just tourists!"
- —Waylon Jones to Edwards and three other Navy SEALS
Waylon Jones is a metahuman cannibal originating from Gotham City, with a rare skin disease and genetically regressive atavism, which gives his skin a grey, scaly appearance (resembling that of a crocodile's) being given the nickname Killer Croc. Jones embraces it by sharpening his nails and teeth, to give him a more reptilian, fierce, and animalistic appearance. He is a frequent enemy of Gotham's vigilante Batman, and a member of Task Force X.
Jones was born in Tampa, Florida on the 3rd of June, 1968, but spent most of his life in Gotham.
At some unknown point and for an unknown reason, Waylon was chased out of Gotham City by the Batman. He went looking for sanctuary elsewhere, but was quickly captured by the government and taken to Belle Reve.
Waylon is very tall and broad-shouldered, fitted with natural extreme musculature, and is completely bald all over his body. His less human traits are his filed teeth and nails, as well as his rough greenish-grey scaly skin, all resembling that of a crocodile (hence his code-name "Killer Croc"), though his filled teeth more resemble those of sharks. This is all due to the genetic disorder (extreme epidermolytic hyperkeratosis) than Waylon was born with. In addition, his eyelids are horizontal and come together on the sides of his eyes.
Waylon Jones's condition would gradually make him more and more into a monster, eradicating any traces of humanity that might have been left, as Waylon became a grim and brooding monster in both body and spirit, always seeking his next meal.
- Animal Physiology: Killer Croc was born with an extreme case of epidermolytic hyperkeratosis, a disfiguring skin disorder, which further evolved into a more reptilian physiology. However, it is actually a form of regressive atavism, meaning that he has inherited traits of species other than humans, which in his case are reptilian in nature. His durable skin and naturally extreme musculature, combined with his reptilian genetics and traits gave him several inhuman physical abilities.
- Super Strength: Killer Croc has a degree of superhuman strength, due to him possesses inhuman muscles that are animalistic in nature. This easily makes him the physically strongest member of Task Force X, allowing him to successfully wrestle alligators in a carnival sideshow.
- Enhanced Durability: Killer Croc's rough scaly skin and inhumanly strong muscles are highly durable, to a much higher degree than that of a normal human, with his skin acting as natural body armor while his muscle tissue being more resistant to impact. His skin can also withstand high-caliber rounds.
- Super Senses: His reptilian physiology grants Killer Croc very acute senses, especially his sense of smell & hearing.
- Underwater Adaption: Croc can stay under water for vast periods of time.
- Suicide Squad (First appearance)
- Suicide Squad: Behind the Scenes with the Worst Heroes Ever
- Suicide Squad (Novel)
- First live action appearance of Killer Croc.
- Killer Croc is the only member of the Suicide Squad that was never in the team in the comics .
- This version of Killer Croc is inspired by the physics of his first appearances in the comics .
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje portrayed the Dark Elf Algrim/Kurse in Thor: The Dark World. This makes him one of the few actors to date that will appear in both the DC Cinematic Universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje described the character as "a cannibal with rage issues" in an interview with Empire.
|Media||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | The Batman|
|Characters||Batman/Bruce Wayne | Alfred Pennyworth | Thomas Wayne | Martha Wayne | James Gordon | Lucius Fox | Jason Todd | Clark Kent/Superman | Diana/Wonder Woman | Dick Grayson|
|Enemies||Joker | Harley Quinn | Killer Croc | Deadshot | Penguin | Lex Luthor | Deathstroke | Catwoman | Poison Ivy | Jonny Frost | Anatoli Knyazev | Joe Chill | Doctor Aesop | Firefly|
|Miscellaneous||Gotham City | Batcave | Arkham Asylum | Wayne Manor | Batmobile | Batsuits | Wayne Enterprises | Bat-Signal | Gotham City Police Department | Aragon Theatre | Batman film series | Ace Chemicals | Glasshouse | Batwing | Wayne Family | Blackgate Penitentiary | Batman Family|